What are the UMeN site and group rules?
What kind of photos or videos can I upload?
How do I add or change a profile pic?
How much is membership and how is it paid?
How old must you be to join or attend a UMeN event?
What if I get an erection at a UMeN event?
What if I don't have the perfect body?
What about naturist etiquette?
What does UMeN Verified mean?
What should I expect at my first event??
UMeN site and group rules
UMeN is a social group for male nudists and naturists to come together and socialize naked. It should be a fun, inviting and non-threatening place for all. Because many people equate nudity with sex, we have had to come up with a number of rules.
Yes, we do have rules. We do not want our events or this site to turn into an orgy. We are not necessarily opposed to such things, but there are plenty of places to find such things out there. Those looking for such sites may turn to Craigslist, Men4SexNow, BBRT.com, Adam4Adam, and many other sites. This is the ONE place where we can have naked events without the sex.
To that end, it is not acceptable to post sexually suggestive photos of yourself on this site or display yourself in sexual ways in the chat room. This at least includes cock-only shots, photos or videos of you or anyone else with an erection or engaged in sexual activity, ass-only shots or those showing the anus. Yes, we had to get graphic to tell you what is and is not allowed.
Overtly sexual discussions and comments are also not allowed on the site or in the chat room.
We like to liken our expectations for your behavior to what you would find at a coffee shop. Walking up to someone and grabbing their junk is frowned upon at such places. Blurting out "nice cock" probably get a groan or two as well. Sporting an erection and rubbing it up against others drinking coffee would likely get you arrested.
Photos and videos
Photos may not contain anything overtly sexual, including erections, the anus, cock-only or ass-only photos or videos, masturbation, sexual intercourse, etc. If you upload such items, you may or may not get a warning before being removed from the site. Even though this is not a sex site and even though nudity is not sexual, no nude photos of anyone under the age of 18 are allowed on the site because of potential legal ramifications.
Adding/Changing your profile photo
Profile pics are now required for access to this site. They help us weed out the spammers and scammers and photo miners from the site. You would be amazed at how much effort that takes, even for this little group.
- Locate your name in the gray bar at the top of the screen. It should say, "Howdy [your screenname]"
- Scroll over that and a menu drops down. Choose "Edit My Profile"
- Right above the title "Editing 'Personal Profile' Group" you should see "Public Edit Change Avatar"
- Click on "Change Avatar"
- You can either use a webcam to take your photo or upload a file from your computer.
- It will give you a chance to crop the photo. Click "Done cropping" and your profile pic is saved!
Membership to the group is only $12 or $20 per year. You may purchase a membership by bringing cash to your first event. Members are noted on the site with an orange "verified" check mark and the words "Paid Member" on their profile page.
In Utah, it is illegal to be nude in front of anyone under the age of 15. To be a member of UMeN, you must be at least 18 years of age. A member may bring a male child 15 or over of whom they are guardian to an outdoor event on a case-by-case basis. Contact email@example.com for details. All other people at an event must be at least 18 years of age. At events with alcohol, you must be 21 to drink alcohol. Anyone under the age of 21 or any member bringing someone under the age of 21 must make the event host aware of their age.
The most common concern for first-timers is getting an erection. However, we do not know of anyone who actually had an erection on the first visit. The combination of the non-sexual environment and the unfamiliarity of a first-time visit serves to minimize to the issue.
An erection is a natural part of life. Naturists realize this and will not take offense as long as it is not being flaunted. If an erection does occur, a strategically placed towel, a dip in a cool pool, or rolling over on your stomach will take care of it.
Another common concern for first-timers is that their body is not what others would want to see. The concept of the perfect body is a myth. We believe that the stress caused by the unrealistic expectations of society is very damaging. Naturists practice body acceptance. When you visit a naturist environment, you will find all types of bodies. All shapes, sizes, ages, colors &emdash; many of them with the signs of a full life.
Generally, the same commonsense guidelines for behavior apply in the naturist world as in the clothed world. In other words, if something is perfectly acceptable at a coffeeshop, it is perfectly acceptable at a UMeN event. Be polite and respect the rights of others. When attending an event, make sure you know:
- Gawking is impolite. It is OK to look, but always rude to stare (particularly with binoculars or through a camera).
- Nonsexual touching, such as hugging, is perfectly acceptable as long as both parties consent. Be mindful of people's boundaries.
- For sanitary reasons, sit on a towel when using public seats or benches.
- Respect the environment. Stay out of environmentally sensitive areas. Pack-out more trash than you brought in.
Help keep the area clean. In clubs, use the trash cans. Bring your own trash bag. Leave the beach cleaner than when you arrived.
- Get dressed when leaving established nude areas. Naturists are not trying to offend anyone.
- Follow all parking regulations and other posted rules.
- Do not engage in overt sexual activity.
- Respect the property of others.
- Get the permission of the club and subjects before taking pictures. In clubs, check out club rules on photography before bringing out your camera.
- Respect the privacy of others. Many people come to enjoy nature and don't want to be disturbed. It is good to be friendly, but take your cues from their response and body language.
- Speak up for standards. If you see people who are violating the accepted standards, please explain to them clearly and politely just how they are violating the rules and what the proper behavior is.
A verified user is someone who has either been to a UMeN event, is known by the group administrator, JeepNekkid, or who has gone through a verification process.
Why verify? People who interact with you on the site will know that you are truly a Utah Male Naturist and not a spammer or nude photo farmer.
To get yourself verified, you must either:
- Have a face picture on your profile and send a face photo of yourself to firstname.lastname@example.org holding a piece of paper with UMeN written in bold block letters on it, or
- Have any photo on your profile, send a face photo of yourself to email@example.com holding a piece of paper with UMeN written in bold block letters on it, and provide a link to your profile on any social site that can be accessed by the site admin, or
- Come to a UMeN event and ask that your profile be verified